Blogging as a mom who also has 5 kids, a huge vegetable garden, and volunteers at her children’s school takes a lot of balance, saying no, and right now, fitting in my writing and networking time where I can. I think a lot of moms with home businesses can relate to the juggling and balancing to keep everything running smoothly while following their passion.
Which is why I am the point where I need to be crystal clear about why I’m writing, what my goals are, and how I’m going to achieve them. I’ve got the tools thanks to taking Momcomm’s Content Brew class in April, listening to Sharon Mom of 6 at Bloggy Boot Camp talk about her plan to move her blog from a small one to a large one, and a fabulous group of local bloggers, the Philly Social Media Moms, who are also creating goals and plans for themselves and carrying them out.
My vision here at A Life in Balance is to encourage moms to find contentment and balance in their frugality whether it’s feeding their children, taking care of the home and garden, loving their family, or taking care of the finances. For my local food/cooking blog, Frugal Local Kitchen, I envision a place where I share my family’s journey in eating healthy, local food, while sharing the wisdom and experience of others.
1. Redesign A Life in Balance – While I love the clean design, it’s time for a housecleaning and a bit of re-organization. And, who doesn’t like redecorating their space every now and then?
2. Content Calendar – I’ve always had a semi-regular posting schedule. I’m a mom of 5 who knows how important routine is.
3. Guest Posting – I will be introducing new bloggers to everyone starting with a series highlighting Philadelphia-area bloggers on Fridays. If you are interested in guest posting, please email me with your topic and key points and we’ll chat. I love reading and sharing everyone’s stories. I will also be sharing my story at other sites since I have so much to say. (wink)
4. Linkups – I hope to start a few linkups, especially with my local blogging peeps. It’s another way to highlight the wonderful talent out there.
5. Rework Old Posts – I’ll be cleaning up old posts over time and sharing my favorites. Can you believe I’ve written 2, 358 posts since 2007!?!
I’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to give your feedback in the comments.
Listable LifeA Life in Balance. Failure to link back and credit my site as a source constitutes a copyright violation. Thanks!