Life has been throwing me curve balls since January. This week is just another one of them.
I started running again at the beginning of the week, taking it very easy. Then, I was side swept by this enormous tiredness that turned into my own version of the stomach bug. Fortunately, I’ve mostly had to deal with a queasy, hurting stomach. I’ll take that any day over the high fevers that my children ran.
Today, I’m feeling a little better though taking it easy. I told my husband we were going to get healthy again together (he wants to lose some weight).
So, my plan:
- stick to my vitamin supplements. I haven’t been sticking to them which may have contributed to my tiredness.
- continue exercising daily, alternating between walking and running days. I plan to run/walk half my mileage by the end of next week.
- doing my daily stretching and situps. I slacked off, and my back can feel it.
- Use mapmyrun.com to track my water intake and daily nutrition. I did better when I recorded what I was eating.
- I’m going to gently encourage my husband to take a walk after dinner with me. He’s not fond of walking, however, he’ll like the idea of talking to me without interruptions from the shorter members of the family.
- I am also tracking other stuff I do in mapmyrun such as working in the garden. Turning a bed by hand is a pretty strenuous activity!
For more fitness inspiration, check out SuperExhausted’s Fitness Friday.