Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.
Before the holidays start, sit down and do a self check to make sure you’re in balance with where you are in your season of life. The holidays may throw your life out of balance thanks to unhealthy food, late nights, days without time for fitness. Going into the holidays knowing what your goals and priorities are can help you do what you need to do for holiday time and then get back into balance in January.
Healthy Habits to stay balanced for the Holidays
- Plenty of sleep
- Drink water. 6 to 8 glasses of water is the general recommendation.
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies, along with protein.
- Wash your hands to avoid cold and flu germs.
- 30 to 60 minutes of exercise daily. You can break this up into 10 minute increments.
- Take quiet time daily even if it’s 5 to 10 minutes.
Because I love meeting new people and sharing, this post is linked to:A Life in Balance. Failure to link back and credit my site as a source constitutes a copyright violation. Thanks!